The Husband isn’t on board, but I have become a little bit obsessed with bison burgers, so on burger night I had bison and The Husband had ground beef. Then I stayed up working until about 3am and was hungry again at about midnight and lost my mind in the kitchen because it’s after dinner but before breakfast. So what do I eat? Both.
This started out really simple: I’d make a bacon and egg sandwich because I can always eat breakfast.
…but I had another bison burger patty from dinner and that sounded like a winner too. So, what the hell? Eat both right? Sounded like a good idea. And it tasted like an even better one when it was finished. I think the only thing that could have made it better (for me) was a toasted onion roll instead of honey wheat toast. I think I’ll try that next time…
- 1 lb. ground bison (or ground beef)
- 1/4 C Worcestershire sauce
- Onion powder
- Garlic powder
- Black pepper
- 1 onion, sliced
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 4 eggs
- 8 slices of bacon
- 8 slices of toast (or 4 hamburger buns)
- Lettuce & tomatoes, optional
- Season the ground meat with the Worcestershire sauce, pepper, onion, and garlic powder. Form into patties, cover and refrigerate for an hour to marinate. Over medium heat, melt the butter and add the onion slices. Cook slowly over the next 25 - 30 minutes, stirring occasionally until the onions have caramelized. Fry your eggs, one at a time, and set aside. Fry the bacon until crisp and remove from the heat, reserving the rendered fat. Over medium high heat, fry the patties in the rendered bacon fat until you've reached your desired level of doneness. Assemble your burgers in your desired order, but I stacked egg then bacon then burger patty then onions. Enjoy!